On This Page
Lottery: Pick Six
The calculator will calculate the odds for any based on a six ball draw, with no special ball like a Power Ball or Megaball. It does allow for making an "extra bet," that increases the smaller wins.
The defaults shown are based on the Lotto Texas . The win for the jackpot shown was the jackpot of Lotto Texas at the time this calculator was created so should be considered arbitrary.
The return column shows the ratio of the return to the amount bet. The total return in the lower right cell is the overall expected return of the , before considering taxes, the time value of annuity payments, and jackpot sharing.
RulesThe following rules are based on the last known set of rules changes in January, 2014.
- The cost of a ticket is $1.
- The player will choose 6 balls from 1 to 54.
- The will randomly choose the same number of balls from the same ranges.
- The pay table in the calculator below are default values based on the Texas Lotto .
- The jackpot starts at $40 million and grows by a percentage of sales with every drawing that nobody wins the jackpot.
- For an extra $1, the player may make an Extra Bet.
- If the Extra Bet is invoked then the player is also eligible for the win in the Extra Win column.
Disclaimer: The values in the return column do not reflect taxes, the time value of annuity payments, and jackpot sharing. These all play a significant effect of lowering the overall value.
- Powerball calculator.
- Powerball analysis.
- Mega Millions calculator.
- Probabilities in the Lottery.
- Former Ask the Wizard questions about the lottery.
- Are Lottery Players Smart?
- Lotto Texas — Official page from Texas .
Written by:Michael Shackleford